Friday, December 3, 2010

Into the Old World Reading Challenge

Into The Old World Reading Challenge
Well, I said I wasn't going to do it. No challenges for me this year. But then...I stumbled upon this one! To read books older than 2009 and review them. What a great way to bring back books that may have been missed on the way to get all those great sequels that just came and are coming out. So....in the spirit of the game, here's the beginning of my proposed list of books I want to read in the year 2011! I know there are a ton more out there that I have in my TBR pile...just need to go through them! Good thing I have access to a GREAT library!


The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S Lewis
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Girl With The Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
The Handmaid's Tale-Margaret Atwood
Harry Potter Series (1st to 7th part)
Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien

About the challenge:
Hosts : Splash of Our Worlds and My Love Affair With Books
Starts: 1st January 2011
Ends: 31st December 2011
Eligible Books: Any books published BEFORE 2009 . All Genres included

Go Here to find out how to start the challenge for yourself? Did I mention there will be prizes?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun challenge:) I have never done one before but I am tempted to join in on this one. A lot of the books I review are newer so it would challenge me to dig into some of my older books.
    Thanks for posting about this!

    ReplyDelete