Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball


Title: Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball

Author: Donita K. Paul

Publisher: Waterbrook Press

ISBN: 9780307458995

Source: Publisher

Available: Now


Cora and Simon had worked together for five years, yet it takes a bit of magic to bring them together. They both have tickets to attend the Christmas Ball, but families and trust always seem to stand in the way. Can Christmas be saved for both of them and their families?


This author usually writes in the Christian Fantasy genre but had previously written romance novels until she learned the dark side had cookies. This book is a combination of romance and a bit of fantasy, but loaded with a whole lot of Christian value. A very quick read, it's is marketed as a novella, but packs a big punch. I really enjoyed this quirky little book. It made me smile and laugh out loud in places. While not believable in all spots, I was okay with that because it made for a very quaint story. Being a shorter novel, it didn't have great character buildup but enough to see the growth in certain characters. The ending was not so neatly wrapped up....left me with a few cliffhangers that I really would have liked to see answered. I know...use my imagination or hope for a sequel next year?

An adult book but a teen would probably like it. I wouldn't recommend as a family Christmas read unless your children can determine the difference between fantasy, fiction and real life.

Ms. Paul is more well known for her Dragon Keeper Chronicles series. She likes to fellowship with fellow writers and has won numerous awards. You can find her at her website.

I give it a 5 out of 7 thumbs up....maybe not rush out and buy it right now, but if you are looking for something a little out of the normal CF genre....pick it up from the library for a nice holiday smile!

I was given a copy of this book from Blogging for Books program. All thoughts contained here are mine and I was in no other way compensated for a positive review!

2 comments:

  1. I just received this book to review as well. At first glance (quick flip through) it looks pretty interesting! Thanks for your great comments, I'll make sure to get mine read sooner than I planned now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a cute read. Thanks for the thorough, honest, and positive review. I'll add it to my tbr pile.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete